Business man in park

Like us on FB
A young business man sat in a park. He was deep in debts. He was 
extremely sad, depressed and afraid of his future. Creditors were 
forcing him to pay back the debts. Suppliers were demanding 
payment. His employees were asking salaries. But he had no money.
He was thinking of committing suicide.
.
Suddenly an old man appeared before him and said
”I can see that something is troubling you. Tell me what happened”
.
The young man told everything to the old man. The old man asked
the young man his name, wrote out a check, and pushed it into his
hand saying, “Take this money. Meet me here exactly one year
from today, and you can pay me back at that time.” Then the old
man turned and disappeared.
.
The business executive saw in his hand a cheque for $ 500,000,
signed by John D. Rockefeller, then one of the richest men in the
world.
.
The young business man could not believe his eyes. Now he had
a lot of money. There were no boundaries for his happiness.
.
He thought "Now I can do anything. I can win everything. I can solve
all of my problems with this money. Now Im powerful. My problems
are very small. But I dont en-cash this cheque. I dont use this
cheque. Without using this cheque, I can solve my problems. If my
problems become even more serious, then only I use this cheque."
.
With a new optimism, he negotiated better deals and extended
terms of payment. He closed several big sales. Within a few months,
he was out of debts. He earned so much money.
.
Exactly one year later, he returned to the same park with the
un-cashed check. At the agreed-upon time, the old man appeared.
The young man was about to hand back the cheque. He wanted to
share his success story. Immediately a nurse came running up and
grabbed the old man.
.
She told the young man “I’m so glad I caught him.I hope he has not
been troubling you. He is always escaping from the mental hospital
and telling people he is John D. Rockefeller.” The nurse took him
to her vehicle.
.
The young man shocked and stunned. For one year, he has been
very happy and confident. He made wonderful things. He overcame
many tough problems. He did business successfully. Because he
thought he had half a million dollars behind him.
.
Then he understood the cheque was not the reason for his grand
success. Self confidence given by the cheque was the real reason.
He understood "Self confidence is enough to overcome any tough
problem. Self confidence is the most powerful weapon to deal with
any kind of problem in this world."

Comments