My dad

Like us on FB
One day, I was so angry with my father. I left home, swearing not to    

return, till I became a big guy. Parents, who can't even buy me a 
motor bike, have no rights to dream to make me an Engineer. In my fit 
of anger, I didn't even realize that I was wearing my father's Shoes. 
I even stole his wallet, which had some papers, torn as well, which 
my mother hadn't seen...
While, I was rushing on foot towards the bus station, I realized some 
prickly pain in my foot. I also felt dampness inside the shoe. That is 
when I realized the shoe had a hole underneath.
There were no buses around. Not knowing what to do, I started to look 
in my Dad's wallet. I found a loan receipt of Rs. 40,000, which he 
taken from his office. A laptop bill (he had bought for me). To my utter 
shock, I also found a letter from his manager to wear a neat looking 
shoes. I remembered my mother telling him to buy a pair of new shoes. 
But he had convinced her that his shoes would last for another six 
months at least.
I also found an old scooter to a new bike, Exchange offer letter in his 
wallet. I instantly remembered, that when I left home, my Dad's scooter 
was not there.
I started feeling weak in my legs, and felt like weeping uncontrollably! 
I ran back home with my foot paining, only to find my Dad nor the 
scooter there. I found him at the exchange offer place.
Looking at my Dad, I worried for not understanding his sacrifices for 
me. I hugged him tightly and started crying loudly, said "Dad I don't 
need the Bike".
My dad said "Take this bike, my son. Your happiness is my happiness".
We always think about our wants, needs and demands. But we don't 
understand the sacrifices our parents do for us. Being a parent is not 
easy. When we become parents, we will understand how our parents 
struggled to satisfy our all needs.


Comments