He got confidence

Like us on FB
There was a business executive who was deep in debts and could see 

no way to pay back his debts. Creditors were forcing him. Suppliers 
were demanding payment. He sat on the park bench, head in hands,
wondering if anything could save his company from bankruptcy. He had
no hopes on his future. He was full of depression and fear for future.
Suddenly an old man appeared before him. He said “I can see that
something is troubling you”.
The executive told him all his terrible situation. After listening to the
executive’s worries, the old man said, “I believe I can help you.”
He asked the man his name, wrote out a check, and pushed it into
his hand saying, “Take this money. Meet me here exactly one year
from today, and you can pay me back my money at that time.”
Then he turned and disappeared as quickly as he had come. The
business executive saw in his hand a check for $500,000, signed by
John D. Rockefeller, then one of the richest men in the world!
He thought “I can erase my money worries in an instant with this
check!” But instead, the executive decided to put the uncashed check
in his safe. He decided "Now this check can save me. But I don't use
this check. Now I will depend upon my own strength and capabilities.
If things go worse, then only I use this check."
Now he is very happy. His happiness gave him wonderful confidence.
With renewed optimism, he negotiated better deals and extended terms
of payment. He closed several big sales. Within a few months, he was
out of debt. Then he started making money once again.
Exactly one year later, he returned to the park with the uncashed check.
At the agreed-upon time, the old man appeared. The executive was
about to hand back the check and share his success story. Suddenly
a nurse came running up and grabbed the old man.
She cried “I’m so glad I caught him. I hope he hasn’t been bothering
you. He’s always escaping from the rest home and telling people he’s
John D. Rockefeller. I think he told you the same story. ” She took the
old man's ram and she led the old man away.
The astonished executive just stood there, stunned. All the year, he was making great deals, doing negotiations, selling and buying successfully, because he believed he had a wonderful check as a support in hard times.
Then he realised it was not the check that helped him. It was his new
found self-confidence that gave him the power to achieve anything he
went after. From that day, he started to believe himself and his own powers.

Comments