Way To Happiness

Like us on FB
One day a beautiful expensively dressed lady went to a psychiatrist. 
She felt that her whole life was empty and it had no meaning. So, the 
lady went to visit a counsellor to seek out happiness. 
.
The counsellor called the old lady who cleaned the office floors.
The counsellor then said to the rich lady, "I'm going to ask Mary to
tell you how she found happiness. please listen to her."
.
So the old lady put down her broom and sat on a chair and told her
story: "Well, my husband died of malaria and three months later my
only son was killed by a car. I had nobody. I had nothing left. I could
not sleep, I could not eat, I never smiled at anyone, I even thought of
ending my own life. Then one evening a little kitten followed me home
from work.
.
Somehow I felt sorry for that kitten. It was cold outside, so I decided
to let the kitten in. I got some milk, and the kitten licked the plate
clean. Then it rubbed against my leg and. For the first time in months,
I smiled. Then I stopped to think, if helping a little kitten could make
me smile, maybe doing something for people could make me happy.
So, the next day I baked some biscuits and took them to a neighbour
who was sick in bed. Every day I tried to do something nice
for someone. It made me so happy to see them happy.
.
Today, I don't know of anybody who sleeps and eats better than I do.
I have found happiness, by giving it to others."
.
After hearing this, the rich lady cried. She had everything that money
could buy, but she had lost the things which money cannot buy.
"The beauty of life does not depend on how happy you are.
But the beauty of life depends on how happy others can be,
because of you..."
The rich lady understood "Helping others can make my life happy.
Happiness is not a destination, it's a journey.
Happiness is not tomorrow, it is now.
Happiness is not dependency, it is a decision.
Happiness is what you are, not what you have."

Comments