The man who searched for his wife for 9 months (A true story)

Like us on FB
Tapeshwar Singh is a 40 year old poor man.
He is a daily wage worker
in Meerut, Uttar pradesh (India).
Three years ago, he loved and married
a mentally challenged woman Babita. After two years of happy life,
one day, unexpectedly Babita disappeared. Tapeshwar went each and
every street and house and asked every person about his wife. But no
use. He lodged an FIR at a police station and the police promised to
help him, but they could not do much.
Then he arranged his wife's photos on two sides of his cycle. He rode
his cycle the whole Meerut city to search his wife. He roamed all the
near by towns and villages. A man told him that he saw his wife at a
brothel house. Then Tapeshwar started his searching at all the brother
houses. Indeed his wife was taken to a brothel house. But because of
her mental illness, owners of brothel houses did not buy her.
On November 13, 2016, Tapeshwar got a phone call from a man in
Brajghat (a town). The man said he had seen Babita begging in
Haridwar, a holy city. Immediately he went to Haridwar by his cycle.
But couldn’t find her the whole day. Later in the evening, he finally
spotted Babita sitting in spoiled and torn clothes at the steps of a temple.
His nine months of cycle journey for his missing wife was finally
successful. He could not see Babita clearly, because tears covered his eyes.
Tapeshwar said to a newspaper "I first rubbed my eyes in disbelief.
She was covered just in torn cloths, but it was her. Her sight almost
paralyzed me. For nine months I had searched for her day and night
by my bicycle. I spent every rupee I had saved in the last decade on
a journey. Many times I was discouraged. But now I found her. She is
the only family that I have. My parents died in a fire accident in Bihar,
when I was just 8. I have lived a lonely life on the roads. Destiny brought
me to Brajghat where I found my world in Babita. I cannot live without her.
Only I can take care of her. Others will only exploit her.”

Comments